Tuesday, December 20, 2011


Complaints about violations of title I (employment) by units of State and local government or by private employers should be filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Call 800 - 669 - 4000 (voice) or 800 - 669 - 6820 (TTY) to reach the field office in your area.

Complaints about violations of title II by units of State and local government or violations of title III by public accommodations and commercial facilities (private businesses and non - profit service providers) should be filed with the Department of Justice.

Title II complaint form http://www.ada.gov/publicat.htm#Anchor-TitleII-47857
Instructions for filing a Title III complaint  http://www.ada.gov/publicat.htm#Anchor-TitleIII-11481

Please send complaints to:

U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Disability Rights Section - NYAV
Washington, DC 20530

ADA Enforcement:

You may also call the ADA Information Line to ask about filing a complaint with the Department of Justice and to order forms that can assist you in providing information about the violation.
ADA Information Line

The U.S. Department of Justice provides information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) through a toll-free ADA Information Line. This service permits businesses, State and local governments, or others to call and ask questions about general or specific ADA requirements including questions about the ADA Standards for Accessible Design.

ADA specialists are available Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM until 5:30 PM (eastern time) except on Thursday when the hours are 12:30 PM until 5:30 PM.

Spanish language service is also available.

For general ADA information, answers to specific technical questions, free ADA materials, or information about filing a complaint, call:

800 - 514 - 0301 (voice)

800 - 514 - 0383 (TTY)

No comments:

Post a Comment